549. He had game.
I’m not as good as I once was, but I am as good once as I ever was.
This token was found when we were cleaning out his belongings. Apparently he was the silent type, because this is a side of him I never saw.
Other reasons why he was awesome include (in no order):
- He was a soldier
- He was a successful small business person
- He was a husband for 71 years
- He was a loving father who did not let the death of his only child crush his spirit
- He was an amazing grandfather
- He had the kindest, gentlest, most loving soul of any human being I will ever encounter
Eben Harvey died on Friday, January 6th, 2017 at the age of 95. I would not be the man I am today were it not for him. I will always miss you, Grandpa.